- 32F/16R PowrReverser™ transmission.
- Deluxe operator stations.
- Easy-to-use controls.
- Higher horsepower engines.
- Increased hitch lift and hydraulic capacity.
Differentials, Axles, Frame, and Chassis
- Heavy-duty two-wheel-drive (2WD) front axles are ready to work.
- Mechanical-front-wheel-drive (MFWD) front axle provides traction on demand.
- Fingertip control with electrohydraulic MFWD engagement.
- Differential lock for better traction.
- Inboard planetary final drives reduce stress on gears and shafts.
- Matched wheelbase provides a nimble tractor.
Electrical and Lighting
- See clearly night and day with fixed open operator station tractors.
- Productivity at any hour with lighting equipment on the deluxe open-operator-station platform tractor.
- Work into the night with full lighting equipment on cab tractors.
- John Deere PowerTech™ 4-cylinder diesel engines create outstanding performance, durability, and the best operating experience.
- Outstanding performance and durability with the 4-cylinder PowerTech™ E engine .
- Get dependable performance with high-torque, low-emission PowerTech™ diesel engines.
- Cold-weather package.
- Vertical exhaust.
Hitch, Drawbar, and PTO
- Hitch, lower link draft sensing.
- Adapt to a wide variety of implements with a Category 2 3-point hitch.
- Hitch adjustments are easy with the mechanical 3-point hitch.
- Increase profit by maintaining consistency pass by pass with an electrohydraulic 3-point hitch.
- Standard independent 540-rpm rear power take-off (PTO) performs well in normal or heavy applications.
- Economy Quik Coupler, Category 2.
- Open-center hydraulic system.
- Open-center, gear-driven hydraulics for consistent performance.
- Hydraulic capacities.
- See quality performance in severe operating conditions with the hydraulic oil cooler.
- Pump out hydraulic performance to your preference with a choice of selective control valve (SCV) options.
- Mid-mount selective control valves (SCVs) increase productivity.
- Power beyond coupler kit.
Operator Station and Controls
- Fixed open operator station (FOOS) platform provides an open-air experience with deluxe seat and strategically placed controls.
- Deluxe open operator station (DOOS) offers a smooth, roomier operating experience.
- Keep a low profile with the 5M Open-Station Tractors.
- Climate-controlled cabs achieve the smoothest, quietest operating experience for increased performance.
- Convenient and easy-to-use operator controls.
- Tilt and telescoping steering column for optimal operator comfort.
- Maximum comfort with an air-suspension seat in cab tractors.
- Designed for safety.
Serviceability and Support
- Save maintenance minutes when servicing the 5M Series Tractors .
Steering and Brakes
- Wet-disk brakes provide durability and long life.
- Hydrostatic power steering for performance and efficiency.
- SyncShuttle™ Plus transmission is an ideal, durable basic transmission.
- 16F/16R SyncReverser™ transmission offers a left-hand mechanical reverser.
- 16F/16R PowrReverser™ transmission is ideal for heavy applications.
- Ensure results by operating at a pace the application demands with a 32F/16R PowrReverser™ Plus transmission.
- Economical and durable clutches.
- Select slower ground speeds with the factory-installed creeper transmissions.
- Nebraska Test Number: Factory observed
- Manufacturer: John Deere PowerTech M 4045
- Aspiration: Turbocharged
- Cylinders/Displacement, cu. in. (liters): 4/276 (4.5)
- Cylinder Liners: Wet Sleeved
- Fuel Tank Cap., US Gal. (L) (Open; Cab): Standard 29 (110); 38 (144)
- Underhood muffler: Yes
- Advertised PTO HP (kW) @ Rated RPM: 80 (59.6) @ 2100 per SAE
- Advertised Engine HP (kW) @ Rated Speed: 95 (70.8) @ 2200 per 97/68/EC
- Maximum Torque (PTO) @ RPM, lb-ft (Nm): 372 @ 1600
- Maximum Torque Rise % (PTO) @ Eng RPM: 26 @ 1600
- Std. Transmission; Forward/Reverse: 16F/16R SyncReveser
- Opt. Transmission; Forward/Reverse: 12F/4R SyncShuttle Plus, 16F/16R PowrReverser, 32F/16R PowrReverser Plus
- Reverser: Left Hand, Mechanical
- On-the-Go Shifting (Yes/No/Partial): Partial
- Clutch; Wet/Dry: Wet
- Creeper: 12F/4R SyncShuttle Plus, 16F/16R PowrReverser, 32F/16R PowrReverser Plus
Power Take-Off (PTO) Specifications
- Standard: Independent 540/540 Economy
- Optional: 540/540E/1000
- PTO Speeds @ Engine RPM: 540 @ 2100; 540E @ 1645
- PTO Actuation: Electrohydraulic
- Type: Open Center
- Pump Rated Output, GPM (L/min.): Standard 24.7 (93.6)
- Rated Flow @ One SCV, GPM (L/min.): 18.4 (69.9)
- Maximum Operating Pressure, PSI (kPa): 2900 (20000)
- Maximum Hydraulic Power, HP (kW): 31.1 (23.2)
- Hitch Draft Control Load Sense Type: Mechanical or Electrohydraulic
- Remote Control Valves Available: 0 (opt. 3)
- Hitch Category (SAE Designation): 2; convertible to 1
- Hitch Lift Cap. lb. (kg) @24"Bhnd Lift Pt.: Standard 3595 (1631)
- Hitch Lift Cap. lb. (kg) @24"Bhnd Lift Pt.: Optional 4498 (2041)
- Sensing Type: Lower Link
- Joystick SCV Control: Optional
Final Drive Specifications
- Type: Inboard Planetary
- Differential Controls: Electrohydraulic
- Availability Front: No
- Availability Front & Rear: No
- Engage On-the-Go Rear Differential Lock: Yes
- Axle Type: Flanged
- Brakes, Type and Control: Hydraulic Wet Disc
Operator Station Specifications
- Rigid - Foldable - Telescopic: Foldable, 2-Post
- Platform - Flat/Straddle: Flat
- Gearshift Location - Console/Floor: Floor
- Doors: 2
- Platform - Flat/Straddle: Flat
- dB(A) Rating: 80
- Seat Suspension System: Mechanical (opt. Air Ride)
- Wheelbase, in. (mm): 85.6 (2175)
- Front Tread Range, in. (mm): 57.6 - 82.6 (1463 - 2098)
- Rear Tread Range, in. (mm): 53.1 - 80.9 (1348-2054)
- Minimum Rear Tread Setting, in. (mm): 53.1 (1348)
- Front Axle Clearance, in. (mm): 18.8 (477.5)
- Turning Radius w/Brakes, ft. (m): 11.2 (3.51)
- Turning Radius w/o Brakes, ft. (m): 12.8 (3.90)
- Approx. Ship Wgt, lb. (kg) Open; Cab: 6500 (2948); 7700 (3515)
- Wheelbase, in. (mm): 85.6 (2178)
- Front Tread Range, in. (mm): 52.8 - 75.0 (1340 - 1904)
- Front Axle Clearance, in. (mm): 17.9 (454)
- Turning Radius w/Brakes, ft. (m): 11.6 (3.5)
- Turning Radius w/o Brakes, ft. (m): 12.8 (3.9)
- Limited Slip Differential: Yes
- Approx. Ship Wgt, lb. (kg) Open; Cab: 7000 (3175); 8150 (3697)
Standard Tire Specifications
- 2WD Front: 11L-15 8PR F2
- 2WD Rear: 480/80R30 R1W
- MFWD Front: 12.4R24 R1
- MFWD Rear: 480/80R30 R1W
- Country of Manufacture: Augusta, GA